Riccarton Community Hub

What's happening in Riccarton, and where to find it

Key Contacts

Key Contacts

Important Contacts in the Riccarton area

Ambulance, Fire, Police Emergencies: 111

No crime is too small to report to Police – it could be one part of a bigger series of events.
Non-emergencies: 363 7400
Crime stoppers: 0800 555 111
Community Constables: Ken Carter:
Aaron Thorn:

Council   Report graffiti, rubbish, noise, roading, water, tree, park issues.
Through the Snap, Send, Solve mobile app (available for download at the Council website www.ccc.govt.nz/report)
Phone: 941 8999
Online: www.ccc.govt.nz/report

Environment CanterburyReport noxious weed, air and water pollution issues
Online: www.ecan.govt.nz/info/contact
Phone: 0800 324 636

Orion   Report downed power lines, trees touching power lines
Call 363 9898 or 0800 363 9898 immediately.
Website: www.oriongroup.co.nz for the checklist on power outages.

Traffic and travel   For Christchurch traffic and road conditions, including live traffic camera footage and road closures/restrictions

University of Canterbury
Communications and Engagement Team
Margaret Agnew (Senior External Relations Adviser) OR

Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton Community Board

Riccarton Ward Councillor: Vicki Buck

Deputy Chair & Riccarton Ward Community Board Member: Helen Broughton

Riccarton Ward Community Board Member: Catherine Chu

Halswell Ward Councillor: Anne Galloway

Halswell Ward Community Board Member: Ross McFarlane

Halswell Ward Community Board Member: Debbie Mora

Hornby Ward Councillor: Jimmy Chen

Hornby Ward Community Board Member: Natalie Bryden

Chair & Hornby Ward Community Board Member: Mike Mora

Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton Community Governance and Support Team

Governance Team Manager:
Matthew Pratt 941 5428
Community Board Adviser: (for deputations)
Peter Dow 941 6501
Governance Support Officer:
Cindy Sheppard 941 6547
Community Development Adviser: (Riccarton, Ilam, Yaldhurst, Templeton): Marie Byrne 941 6502
Community Development Adviser: (Hornby, Halswell, Wigram):
Karla Gunby 941 6705
Community Recreation Adviser: (Sports, recreation & events):
Emily Toase 941 5216
Support Officer: (weekly emails, event acceptance):
Noela Letufuga 941 5008

Have Your Say with Christchurch City Council in the Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton Community Board area.
There are a number of ways that you can let the Community Board and Council know what you think.

Formal Consultation
When topics are open for consultation, they are placed on the Have Your Say pages of the Council website – just go to the Have Your Say tab at the top of the Home Page. You can also search here for information on closed consultations.

Speaking at Meetings
If you want to talk to the Community Board or Council about an issue or idea you can request to present at a meeting. If it's about something that is on the agenda of a meeting, you can present a deputation where you can have up to ten minutes to present your thoughts. Public forum sessions may also be held at the start of meetings where speakers can speak for up to five minutes on other matters relevant to the Board or Council. If it's a local Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton issue, come to the Community Board. If it's a city wide issue, present it to Council.

How do I find out when Community Board and Council meetings are held?
On the Home Page of the Council website, you'll find a heading "The Council". Under this heading are links to the meetings, their agendas and minutes.

Can I present a petition to the Community Board or Council?
Yes, any person or organisation can present a petition to the Board or Council. It must contain at least 20 signatures, consist of fewer than 150 words and be received at least five working days before the date of the meeting at which they will be presented.

Can I get any advice on making a presentation, deputation or submission? The Council has staff who can assist you with further information and advice on how to put together your information. However they can't advise you on what you should say or present. Contact them at a team email address above and a member  will get in contact with you.

There is also further information on the Council website : https://ccc.govt.nz/the-council/consultations-and-submissions/how-to-be-involved/how-to-be-involved-in-council-decisions/.

Other Council services

Alcohol ban areas

An alcohol ban is in force in all of Riccarton and Ilam, 24/7. For further information, go to https://ccc.govt.nz/consents-and-licences/business-licences-and-consents/alcohol/alcohol-bans/